17 March 2014

Tears for Fears

The birds are busy at this time of year and running in the early morning allows one to truly enjoy their song and chatter.  However, this morning as I dipped into a valley to begin a steep ascent the air was filled with shrieking from two dog walkers.  This overwhelmed all else and at first I thought someone had been attacked.  What had in fact happened was that one hound had failed to walk to heel.  A crime of sorts.

I wonder: do people buy dogs to excuse some form of atavistic therapy? Primal screams at dawn before a day of stress in the city, perhaps.  Whatever the reason it was a truly visceral and unpleasant sequence of sounds and I hope never to hear it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated.